Why Does My Youtube Keep Showing As Mobile Version On A Pc Browser?
When you are trying to watch videos on YouTube but it only shows the mobile version, it can be quite frustrating. Fortunately, there is an easy fix for this common problem.
What Causes YouTube on a PC Browser to Show Only the Mobile Version?
The most common cause of YouTube showing only the mobile version on a PC browser is due to the fact thatYour browser settings are most likely set to default to a lower resolution, such as mobile. This can be easily adjusted by following the steps listed bellow:
- Step 1: Click on the three vertical dots on the right side of the Chrome browser bar, and then select “Settings.
- Step 2: On the left side menu, click on the “Advanced” option.
- Step 3: Under the “System” section, select the “Use hardware acceleration when available” checkbox.
- Step 4: Lastly, restart the Chrome browser and check to see if YouTube is now displaying the full version.
Other Possible Causes
In some cases YouTube showing a mobile version on a PC browser may be caused by other issues. These include, but are not limited to:
- The browser or device you are using does not support video playback.
- You are using an outdated version of the browser.
- Your Internet connection is too slow to support the video resolution.
- YouTube may be temporarily experiencing a server issue.
If YouTube keeps showing only the mobile version on a PC browser, the most likely cause is due to the hardware acceleration setting being turned off. If that does not resolve the issue, then other possible culprits need to be explored, such as a slow Internet speed, or an unsupported browser or device. With a few easy steps, however, you should be able to get your YouTube videos displaying as they should.
2. Is there an issue with the browser settings that needs to be adjusted?
Yes, there may be an issue with the browser settings that needs to be adjusted. Depending on the browser, different settings could need to be checked in order to troubleshoot the issue. These settings include things such as cookies, pop-up blockers, and security settings. It is important to ensure that all of these settings are adjusted properly in order to ensure proper website browsing.
No, cookies are not interfering with the PC browser viewing of the Youtube page. Cookies are small pieces of data stored on a user’s computer. They are used by web applications to remember specific information, such as user preferences or web page information. They are not used to interfere with how a web page is viewed, but rather improve the user’s experience.
5. Does the PAA device need to be turned off to access the Youtube page on a PC browser?
No, the PAA device does not need to be turned off to access the Youtube page on a PC browser. However, if the device is connected to the same network as the PC, users may need to adjust their firewall settings to allow for unrestricted access.
1. Is the Youtube page viewed on a PC browser set to open on the mobile version?
No, the Youtube page viewed on a PC browser will not be set to open on the mobile version. The desktop version of Youtube is optimized for use on computers, while the mobile version is optimized for mobile devices.
3. Is there a way to change the Youtube page settings to open on the desktop version?
Yes, there is a way to change the Youtube page settings to open on the desktop version. On the YouTube mobile app, you can go to the “Settings” section and find the “Desktop Version” option. Enable this option and all YouTube links should now open in the desktop version.