What Is The Best Video Format For Youtube Shorts?
Youtube Shorts are becoming a popular way of sharing short-form video content on Youtube. As such, it’s important for content creators to understand the best video format for uploading their Youtube Shorts. From file size and resolution to frame rate and color space, there are several important factors to consider when selecting the best format for your Shorts.
File Size and Resolution
File size and resolution are two of the most important considerations when selecting the best video format for your Youtube Shorts. The recommended minimum resolution for Youtube Shorts is 1080 x 1920, which is equivalent to 1080p HD. Any files that you upload to Youtube should also be no larger than 10GB in size.
The recommended frame rate for Youtube Shorts is 30 frames per second (fps). This is a standard frame rate for video content, and it provides the viewer with a smooth and consistent viewing experience.
Codec and Container
When selecting the best video format for your Youtube Shorts, it’s important to make sure that you’re using an MP4 container paired with the H.264/AVC codec. Youtube also supports the H.265/HEVC as well as VP9 codecs, but H.264/AVC is the best option for optimal playback on the platform.
To ensure the best playback quality on Youtube Shorts, you should also make sure your videos are outputted in the Rec.709 color space. This color space is used by most video production and post-production software, and it ensures that your videos will be interpreted correctly by Youtube’s playback engine.
When selecting the best video format for your Youtube Shorts, it’s important to take into account the file size, resolution, frame rate, codec, container, and color space. The recommended format for Youtube Shorts is an MP4 container paired with the H.264 codec, with a resolution of 1080 x 1920, frame rate of 30 fps, and outputted in the Rec.709 color space. By understanding and following these guidelines, content creators can ensure the best playback quality for their Shorts.
What type of video format is supported by YouTube Shorts?
YouTube Shorts supports the MP4 video format. Other supported formats include MOV, AVI, MPEGPS, WMV, and FLV.
What factors should be considered when choosing a video format for YouTube Shorts?
When choosing the video format for YouTube Shorts, it is important to consider the following factors:
– The type of content you’re trying to create. Different video formats lend themselves to different types of content, so choose a format based on what type of content you’re trying to create.
– The platform you’re using. Different video hosting platforms may require specific video formats, so be sure to check the file requirements for your chosen video hosting platform.
– The size of the video. Different video formats have different file sizes, so be sure to choose a format that won’t take up too much space or slow down playback.
– The audience you’re trying to reach. Different video formats may be more conducive for certain audiences, so consider your target audience when selecting a format.
– Compatibility across multiple devices. Different video formats can be compatible with multiple devices, but certain formats may work better than others, so keep this in mind when selecting a format.
What is the recommended video format for YouTube Shorts?
The recommended video format for YouTube Shorts is MP4 with the following specification:
Video Codec: H.264/AVC
Video resolution: At least 720 x 1280 pixels
Video Bitrate: 10 Mbps
Audio Codec: AAC-LC
Audio bitrate: 192 Kbps or higher
Frame Rate: 30fps
Aspect Ratio: 9:16