Is It Stupid To Pay For YouTube Premium If You Already Have An Adblock?
For many YouTube users, the decision of whether or not to subscribe to YouTube Premium can be a difficult one. After all, if you already have an adblocker installed on your device, why- would you pay for a service that offers commercial-free streaming? Is it really worth it to take this extra step?
The answer is: it depends!
Pros of YouTube Premium
- No Ads: Perhaps the biggest benefit of YouTube Premium is that it comes with an ad-free viewing experience. This can mean no interruptions while watching your favorite videos or skipping past promotional content that you don’t care about.
- Background Play: With YouTube Premium, you can keep your videos playing even when you switch to another app or lock your phone. This can be great for listening to an audio track or following along with a cooking tutorial even when your hands are busy.
- Offline Access: YouTube Premium offers the ability to watch videos offline. This can be especially helpful if you are traveling somewhere with spotty cell service or don’t want to rack up extra data charges from streaming videos.
Cons of YouTube Premium
- Price: YouTube Premium is not cheap. It costs $12/month for a single user or $18/month for a family plan with up to six users. This can be pricey for many YouTube users who are accustomed to receiving content for free.
- No Adblocker: While you don’t have to worry about ads while watching YouTube Premium videos, you still won’t be able to block them on other websites or apps. Therefore, if you rely heavily on ad blocking to browse the web or play games, you may want to explore other options.
- Access Only On Certain Devices: YouTube Premium only works on certain devices. This means you won’t be able to take advantage of its features on devices other than those that are officially supported.
The Final Verdict
In the end, whether or not YouTube Premium is a good investment for you depends on your particular needs. If you are a frequent YouTube user who can’t stand ads and wants the ability to play videos in the background or download them for offline viewing, then YouTube Premium may be worth the price. On the other hand, if all you want is an adblocker and won’t use the other features, then you may be better off looking for a different solution.
Is Youtube Premium worth the cost even with an adblock in place?
That depends on how much you value the features that come with YouTube Premium, such as ad-free viewing, access to YouTube Original content, background play, and background audio. If these features have enough value to you and you can afford the cost, then yes, YouTube Premium may be worth it even with an ad blocker in place.
What are the differences between Youtube Premium and using an adblock?
Using an adblock is a quick and easy way to eliminate ads from your Youtube experience. This can often slow down page load times and can be difficult to manage when using multiple browsers.
Youtube Premium is a paid subscription service offered by YouTube. It offers an ad-free experience and provides access to additional services such as YouTube Music, YouTube Originals, and VIP Access. With premium, users can save videos offline, play videos in the background, and have access to higher streaming quality. Additionally, YouTube Premium subscribers receive access to member-only special offers.
Can Youtube Premium offer value beyond blocking ads?
Yes, Youtube Premium can definitely offer value beyond blocking ads. Youtube Premium removes ads, provides access to exclusive content, the ability to download videos for offline viewing, and quality audio playback with Youtube Music. Additionally, Youtube Premium offers other benefits such as access to exclusive live concerts, discounts on Google-related products and services, and features like screen-casting to watch videos from your device to a compatible TV.