How to Watch YouTube Videos with Friends During a Google Meet Video Call
Having video calls with friends can be fun and enjoyable, but watching YouTube videos together can take it to the next level. Here’s how you can watch youtube videos with friends on your next call via Google Meet:
Set Up a Google Meet Video Call
First, you’ll need to set up a Google Meet video call with your friends. You can do this through sending an invitation through your Google Calendar, Gmail, or Google Classroom. Once all your friends have accepted the invitation and joined the video call, you’ll be ready to watch YouTube videos together.
Find a YouTube Video
Next, you’ll need to find a YouTube video to watch. You can either ask everyone on the call what they want to watch, or you can search for something yourself. Once you find the video, send the URL link to all the participants on the call.
Open the YouTube Video in a Separate Browser Tab
Now, all you have to do is open the YouTube video in a separate browser tab and join the website to the Google Meet call. To do this, click on the Share screen option on the Google Meet call and select the YouTube video that you want to watch. Everyone on the call will be able to see the video in full-screen mode, and you’ll be able to watch and discuss it together.
Tips for Watching YouTube Videos Together on Google Meet
- Create a Playlist: Creating a YouTube playlist can be a great way to ensure that everyone on the call agrees on the videos that you’re watching. Ask everyone to add their favorite videos to the playlist and start watching in order.
- Discuss the Videos: Watching YouTube videos with friends can be more fun when you discuss them. Asking questions and sharing your thoughts on the videos is a great way to have an engaging conversation while also enjoying the videos.
- Public vs. Private Videos: You’ll want to be aware of the different types of YouTube videos when watching with friends. Private videos won’t work with the Google Meet call, so make sure you’re only watching videos that are public.
Watching YouTube videos with friends through Google Meet video calls can be a great way to enjoy some quality time together. With a few easy steps, you and your friends can now watch your favorite videos together and have a blast!
During a Google Meet video call, you can share a YouTube video with friends by clicking the ‘present now’ button on the video during the call, then selecting the option ‘Present a Chrome tab’. The browser window will then switch to the YouTube page, and you can open the video and present it to the meeting.
5. What are possible troubleshooting solutions for when a YouTube video isn’t playing correctly during a Google Meet video call?
The following are possible troubleshooting solutions for when a YouTube video isn’t playing correctly during a Google Meet video call:
1. Make sure the video is streaming and not being blocked by the network.
2. Check the internet connection and try reconnecting or switching to a different network.
3. Check video’s playback settings.
4. Disable ad-blockers and other browser extensions.
5. Close other applications and browser tabs that could be using up your bandwidth.
6. Make sure the video is embedded correctly.
7. Check if your browser is up to date and compatible with YouTube.
8. Try using a different web browser.
9. Clear the cache and cookies from your browser.
10. Restart your device.