How to View Desktop Version of YouTube on an Android Phone
Do you find it difficult to watch all your favorite YouTube videos on a smartphone, because of the desktop version of YouTube? Don’t worry! We will help you view the same on your Android phone.
Steps To Follow On Your Android Phone
- Open the Chrome browser on your Android.
- Search for YouTube, and open the website.
- Click on the three vertical dots at the top right corner of your screen.
- Click on the Request Desktop site.
- Go back to the YouTube page and you would now be able to view the desktop version of YouTube.
This is not possible on all apps, but can be used for most of the websites.
What To Do If This Does Not Work For YouTube
- Go to ‘Settings’.
- Scroll down and click on ‘Developer Options’.
- Open ‘Force enable zoom’.
- Now, click on the three vertical dots at the top right corner.
- Lastly, click on ‘Request Desktop Site’ to get the desktop version of YouTube.
That’s it! You have successfully managed to view the desktop version of YouTube on your Android phone.
4. Are there any special settings required for using YouTube Desktop mode on an Android phone?
No, there are no special settings required for using YouTube Desktop mode on an Android phone. All you need to do is open the YouTube app and select “Settings”. Then scroll down to “Desktop Mode” and toggle it on.
5. Are there any apps available for accessing YouTube Desktop mode on an Android device?
Yes, there are several apps available for accessing YouTube Desktop mode on an Android device, including YouTube Vanced, YouTube for Android TV, and YouTube Go.
2. What are the steps for enabling desktop view for YouTube on an Android device?
1. Open the Chrome browser on your Android device.
2. Navigate to YouTube.com and open it.
3. Tap the browser’s “Menu” button that has three vertical dots.
4. Tap “Settings” from the list of options available at the bottom of the menu that shows up on the screen.
5. Tap the “Request Desktop Site” checkbox to activate it.
6. Refresh the webpage for the desktop version to appear.
1. How do I activate desktop mode for YouTube on Android?
To activate desktop mode for YouTube on your Android device, open the YouTube app and click on the account icon in the top-right corner of the screen. Next, select the “Desktop Mode” from the drop-down menu, and this will allow the YouTube app to display a desktop version of the YouTube website.
3. What type of mobile browser is necessary for viewing YouTube Desktop version on an Android device?
A: Google Chrome is the recommended browser for viewing the YouTube Desktop version on an Android device.
Q: How do I get the desktop version of YouTube on my Android?
You can’t. YouTube does not have a desktop version for Android. You must use the mobile version instead.
Q: Can I download the YouTube desktop version for Android?
No, there is no official YouTube desktop version available for Android devices. YouTube provides mobile applications for Android devices, which can be downloaded from the Google Play Store.
Q: What are the system requirements for YouTube desktop version for Android?
There are no specific system requirements for the YouTube desktop version for Android. However, it’s worth noting that some features may not be supported on certain versions of Android or certain devices. Additionally, it’s recommended that you use an updated and secure version of the YouTube app (available in the Google Play Store).