How to Verify Your YouTube Account
If you’ve created a YouTube Account and want to take advantage of the features available for verified accounts, verifying your account is a must. Verifying your YouTube account gives you access to features such as uploading full-length videos, creating playlists, and creating custom channels.
Steps for YouTube Verification
- Go to YouTube.com & Sign in – Go to YouTube.com, sign in to the Google Account associated with the YouTube account you want to verify.
- Navigate to Settings – In the top right-hand corner of the screen, click your profile photo. Then, select “Settings.”
- Verify your account – Within the Settings page, select the “Verify” option. You will be asked to provide your mobile phone number. YouTube will then send you a verification code via SMS or voice call. You will have to enter this code over the website in order to complete account verification.
Once you’ve completed the steps, your YouTube account is verified. You’ll now be able to take advantage of all the features available for verified users, such as creating and uploading full-length videos, creating custom channels, and creating playlists.
5. Are there benefits to having a verified YouTube account?
Yes, there are several benefits to having a verified YouTube account:
- Verified accounts have access to special tools and analytics, which can help you better understand your viewership.
- Verified accounts are protected from impersonation and help maintain the authenticity of YouTube’s community.
- Verified accounts are given priority access to new features and product initiatives.
- The badge associated with a verified account can help channel viewers find and trust your content.
1. What types of accounts are eligible to verify on YouTube?
YouTube allows personal accounts, business accounts, organizations, and artists to be verified. Personal accounts must be active, have an account photo, and have a solid history of uploading videos. Business accounts must have a website associated with their YouTube channel, must have public contact information, be actively used to post content, have a profile photo, and have no copyright strikes against them. Organizations must be non-profit, governemnental, educational, religious, cultural, or social organizations, and must have proof of their existence. Artists must demonstrate their professional and authentic nature to gain approval.
3. What is the process for verifying a YouTube account?
The process of verifying a YouTube account starts with creating a YouTube channel; this can be done by signing into an existing Google account or creating a new one. Next, an account needs to be connected to an existing verified Google account. Account holders can then create a verified channel, which requires entering and verifying basic contact information. Once a channel is connected to a verified Google account, a verification badge will appear next to the channel name. Finally, YouTube creators can verify their account and unlock access to additional features by verifying their identity via SMS text or a Google Voice account.
4. How long does it usually take for a YouTube account to be verified?
The verification process should take around 48 to 72 business hours.