How to Turn Off YouTube Restricted Mode
YouTube’s Restricted Mode is an optional setting that allows you to filter out videos that may contain content that is inappropriate for minors. It’s available on the desktop, YouTube app, and mobile website. If you’re an adult and you’d like to turn off Restricted Mode, here’s how you do it.
Step 1: Sign in to YouTube.
Step 2: Click on your profile picture located in the top right corner.
Step 3: Select the “Restricted Mode” option.
- On the desktop website this option is found in the bottom left corner of the page.
- On the YouTube app, you can find the option by opening the menu in the top right corner.
Step 4: Toggle “off” to turn Restricted Mode off.
Step 1: Sign in to YouTube.
Step 2: Tap your profile picture in the top right corner of the page.
Step 3: Select the “Settings” option from the list.
- On mobile, you can find this option by opening the menu in the top right corner of the page.
Step 4: Toggle the “Restricted Mode” option to “off”.
Once you’ve turned off Restricted Mode, YouTube will no longer filter videos from your search results.
3. What are the steps to turn off YouTube Restricted Mode?
1. Sign in to YouTube and access your account.
2. Click on the line next to your profile picture.
3. Select “Settings”.
4. Scroll to the bottom and select “Restricted Mode”.
5. Select “Off” and confirm your selection.
2. How do I know if YouTube Restricted Mode is turned on?
You can tell if YouTube Restricted Mode is turned on by looking for the Restricted Mode label located in the bottom right corner of the YouTube homepage. The label will appear in yellow or gray depending on the current status of Restricted Mode. If the label is yellow, then Restricted Mode is turns on; if it is gray, then it is turned off.
1. What is YouTube Restricted Mode?
YouTube Restricted Mode is an optional feature that limits the availability of potentially mature or potentially controversial content. It’s designed to help screen out potentially objectionable content that you may prefer not to see or don’t want others in your family to stumble across while enjoying YouTube. Restricted Mode works on the browser or device level; though it won’t accept viewing preferences from your Google Account. This is because it works on the device and browser level, not an account level.
4. Does disabling YouTube Restricted Mode affect my YouTube account or YouTube settings?
No, disabling YouTube Restricted Mode will not affect your YouTube account or settings in any way. It will only affect your viewing experience, as it will allow you to watch more mature content that may have been restricted in Restricted Mode.
5. Is YouTube Restricted Mode available in all countries?
No, YouTube Restricted Mode is not available in all countries. It is only available in certain countries, depending on local regulations.
What does YouTube restricted mode do?
YouTube Restricted Mode is an optional filter that can be enabled to help screen out potentially mature content. When enabled, it will filter out potentially mature content and only show content that is deemed appropriate for all audiences. The filter is not 100% accurate and is only intended to act as a guideline.
What are the limitations of YouTube restricted mode?
1. YouTube’s restricted mode filters out a majority of videos that contain inappropriate content for children, but it cannot guarantee that all inappropriate content is filtered out.
2. The algorithm that restricted mode uses to determine which videos are inappropriate is not perfect, so there may be inappropriate videos that appear in the filter.
3. Users can still browse and search for age-inappropriate material as there is no way to restrict or limit searches.
4. YouTube’s restricted mode does not block all videos containing age-inappropriate content, and what it does block may vary based on the account’s location.
5. YouTube’s restricted mode does not block videos with mature topics or content rated by the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) as appropriate for a certain age group.
6. Not all commenters on YouTube’s main website are respectful and appropriate. Kids may still be exposed to inappropriate comments.