How to Shorten a YouTube Video in PowerPoint
PowerPoint is a popular presentation tool used to create engaging visual presentations. It is also a great tool for adding videos to your presentations. However, sometimes it can be difficult to find the right length of video to insert into your presentation. In this article, we will go over the steps for how to shorten a YouTube video in PowerPoint.
Steps to Shorten a YouTube Video in PowerPoint
1. Go to YouTube
Start by searching for the video you want to add to your presentation.
2. Copy the URL
Once the video is located, copy the URL you find in the address bar.
3. Open PowerPoint
In PowerPoint, click on the Insert tab and then choose “Online Video”. Paste the YouTube URL in the appropriate box.
4. Adjust the video length
Once the video is inserted, you can adjust the length of the video by dragging the end points of the video timeline. This will allow you to clip the video at the start and end points you desire.
5. Save and Preview
Once you are finished making your adjustments, save the presentation and then preview the video to make sure it looks the way you want it.
Tips for Shortening a YouTube Video in PowerPoint
Here are a few helpful tips to keep in mind when shortening a YouTube Video in PowerPoint:
- Keep the video length short – Videos should be kept short when adding them to a PowerPoint presentation. Short videos are more engaging, and they will keep your audience’s attention better.
- Don’t over-edit – Avoid taking out too much of the original video. This will make the video less engaging, and it could affect the message you are trying to convey.
That is how you can shorten a YouTube video in PowerPoint. It is a useful feature to know about when creating presentations. Keep the video length as short as possible to keep your audience engaged, and be sure not to over-edit the video.
5. Is there any way to shorten a YouTube video without using PowerPoint?
Yes, you can use online video editing tools such as Clipchamp, WeVideo, Adobe Spark Video, Kapwing, and more. These tools allow you to easily trim and shorten YouTube videos without PowerPoint.
3. Are there any additional steps needed to play the video in PowerPoint once it is shortened?
No. Once you shorten the video, it should be playable in PowerPoint.
2. What is the easiest way to copy a YouTube video link into PowerPoint?
The easiest way to copy a YouTube video link into PowerPoint is to right-click on the ‘Share’ option underneath the YouTube video and select ‘Copy video URL’. Then, go to the PowerPoint and paste the link into a text box or hyperlink text.
1. What version of PowerPoint can be used to shorten a YouTube video?
Microsoft PowerPoint 2019 can be used to shorten a YouTube video by trimming it to the desired length. The steps to do so are as follows:
1. Open a blank presentation in PowerPoint.
2. Click on the Insert tab.
3. Select Video from the Media group.
4. Enter the URL of the YouTube video in the Insert Video window.
5. Click on Play.
6. Adjust the playback head on the timeline to the beginning and end of the desired section of the video.
7. Click on Trim to adjust the length of the video.
8. Save the file as a PowerPoint Show (ppsx) by clicking File > Save As and selecting PowerPoint Show under Format.
4. What effects can be added to a shortened YouTube video in PowerPoint?
The effects that can be added to a shortened YouTube video in PowerPoint include the ability to rearrange the video clips, trim clips, add effects such as transitions between clips and captions, add animations and transitions to the video, apply music, customize the video with backgrounds and shapes, and add custom text. Additionally, you can adjust the volume, brightness, and contrast of the video, as well as crop, resize, and sharpen the video.