How to Make Your YouTube Video Private
Are you looking to share your videos with a closed audience? Allowing only certain viewers to access your video is easy with YouTube’s privacy settings. Here’s how to make your YouTube video private:
Step 1: Log in to YouTube
Go to youtube.com and log into your account.
Step 2: Find Your Video
Once you are logged in to YouTube, find the video you would like to make private and open it.
Step 3: Choose “Private”
In the “Privacy Settings” section of your video’s page, select “Private”. You can also select “Unlisted” if you’d prefer to make your video accessible to others without it publicly appearing on your channel.
Step 4: Set User Permissions
Once you have set the Privacy Settings to Private or Unlisted, you will be able to choose who you would like to have access to the Private video. You have the ability to set individual user permissions. Here’s how to do it:
- Share via Link: Copy and share the unique link associated with this video to share it with specific viewers.
- Choose Users: Type in specific users and add them as viewers of this video.
- Add Viewers: Invite viewers to access your video by adding their email address.
And You’re Done!
You’re all set — Your private video should now be viewable only by the people you’ve invited or by those with the link. You can always change the privacy settings directly from the video page if you wish to adjust your preferences in the future.
Private videos are an easy way to choose who can see your videos and who can’t! You can also create playlists and YouTube channels to organize your videos and easily review your private content for viewer access.
5. Are there any restrictions on who I can give access to watch my private YouTube video?
Yes. You can give access to a private YouTube video to up to 50 people, who each have a Google account. Additionally, you have the option to restrict the audience by country or by age.
4. How can I make sure that only authorized viewers can watch my private YouTube video?
When uploading a video to YouTube, you have the option of setting the video to Private. In Private mode, only users you personally invite to watch the video will be able to access it. To set a video to Private, select the Privacy Settings menu when you upload your video, then choose Private. This will ensure that only users you authorize will be able to watch your video.
3. What steps do I need to take to ensure my YouTube video stays private?
In order to ensure that your YouTube video remains private, you will need to take the following steps:
1. When uploading your video, select the “Unlisted” option under the video’s privacy settings.
2. Do not publicly share links to the video on any social media channels such as Facebook, Instagram, etc.
3. Only share links to the unlisted video with people you trust and make sure they keep the link private.
4. If the video is shared online without your permission, you can contact YouTube to have the video taken down.
1. What is the difference between a public and a private YouTube video?
Public YouTube videos are videos that have been uploaded by a user and are visible to anyone with a YouTube account. Private YouTube videos are only accessible by the uploader and specific users that the uploader has granted access to. For example, if a user creates a private video and wants to share it with their friends, they would need to grant each of their friends explicit access to that video.