How to Keep YouTube Playing in Background on iPhone or iPad
YouTube is a great source of entertainment and knowledge, but it can be quite annoying when the video stops playing if you switch apps or lock your device. Fortunately, keeping YouTube playing in the background on iPhone or iPad is now possible!
- Download YouTube Premium. To keep YouTube playing on iPhone or iPad, the first step is to download YouTube Premium. This is a subscription-based service that offers digital entertainment, music streaming, and ad-free viewing.
- Enable background video playback. Once you have subscribed to YouTube Premium, open the app, go to Settings, and scroll down to locate the option for Background Video Playback. Enable this feature by tapping the switch next to it.
- Play any video. Now, choose any video of your choice, start playing it and press the Home button. The video will continue playing in the background.
- If you’re using an iPad, be sure to enable the Split View feature to keep the YouTube video playing while using other apps.
- YouTube Premium also comes with its own music streaming service, so you can listen to music without the distraction of videos.
That’s all there is to it! With YouTube Premium, you can easily keep YouTube videos playing in the background while using other apps on your iPhone or iPad.
4. Are there differences between iPhones and iPads in terms of keeping YouTube playing in the background?
Yes, there are differences between iPhones and iPads in terms of keeping YouTube playing in the background. On iPhones, users can keep YouTube playing in the background by using the dedicated YouTube Music app or using the “Play in Background” option. On iPads, users can only keep YouTube playing in the background while using the Picture-in-Picture mode.
1. What methods can be used to keep YouTube playing in the background on an iPhone or iPad?
Some methods for keeping YouTube playing in the background on an iPhone or iPad include:
– Using YouTube’s Picture-in-Picture mode. This allows users to continue watching a YouTube video while using other apps.
– Using a web browser such as Safari that has Picture-in-Picture mode available.
– Use the Safari Split View feature to split the screen and keep a YouTube video playing in one side while using other apps in the other side.
– Use a third-party app or extension that can keep YouTube videos playing in the background.
– Download YouTube videos and play them in the native video app on your device with the sound on.
3. What are the potential risks associated with keeping YouTube playing in the background on an iPhone or iPad?
The potential risks associated with keeping YouTube playing in the background on an iPhone or iPad include draining the battery quickly, using up data or a wifi connection if not using a cellular network, and a decrease in performance due to reallocation of resources. Also, depending on the content of the videos, there may be risks associated with inappropriate content being exposed to younger viewers or in an inappropriate setting.
2. Is it possible to still use other apps on an iPhone or iPad while YouTube remains playing in the background?
Yes, it is possible to use other apps on an iPhone or iPad while YouTube remains playing in the background. YouTube can be put into picture-in-picture mode so that you can use other apps while still being able to see what is playing on YouTube. To do this, simply open the YouTube app and select the ‘Picture in Picture’ option. This will allow you to use other apps while still seeing and hearing what’s happening on YouTube.