How to Keep Playing a YouTube Video on Android While Locked
Do you want to keep playing a video on YouTube while your phone is locked? You can easily do this on an Android device with some simple steps. Follow the instructions below to learn how.
- Open YouTube app: First, you will need to open the YouTube app on your Android device.
- Play a video: After opening the app, play the video that you want to keep playing while the device is locked.
- Tap lock button: Once the video is playing, tap the lock button at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Swipe control: Swipe up on the lock button to access the controls.
- Enable PIP: Enable the Picture-in-Picture mode by tapping the “Turn On” button.
- Minimize video: Now, you can minimize the video by tapping the “minimize” button at the bottom right corner.
- Lock phone: Lastly, you can lock your phone and the video will keep playing in the background.
- You can move the mini video window to any corner of the screen by dragging it.
- You can adjust the volume and enable/disable captions while the video is playing.
- You can also turn off the PIP mode while the video is playing by tapping the “Turn Off” button.
That’s it! By following these simple steps, you will be able to keep playing a YouTube video on Android while your device is locked. Enjoy!
1. What Android version offers the best support for playing YouTube videos while locked?
The best Android version for playing YouTube videos while locked is Android 6.0 Marshmallow. It provides improved support for playing videos in the background, and also features enhanced video playback features, such as the ability to display video over the lock screen, lower battery consumption, and more.
2. What are the best ways to configure Android settings to keep playing YouTube while locked?
The best ways to configure Android settings to keep playing YouTube while locked are:
- Enable picture-in-picture mode. In Android 8.0 (Oreo) or higher versions, this setting can be found in a user’s device app settings.
- Enable background audio. Users can toggle the background audio setting on the video itself.
- Lengthen the screen timeout by going to Settings > Display > Sleep.
- Set power profiles to maximize performance and battery life. This can be done by going to Settings > Battery > Power profile.
- Disable autolock. This can be done by going to Settings > Security & Location > Screen Lock.
3. Is there a special YouTube app required to keep playing a video while the device is locked?
No, you do not need to install a special YouTube app in order to keep playing a video while the device is locked. You can simply use the YouTube app that is available on your mobile device.
4. Is it possible to keep playing YouTube videos even if the device’s display is turned off?
Yes. This is possible depending on the device, as many phones and tablets allow you to stream YouTube videos where the display is turned off. For example, if you are using an Android device, you can use the PiP (Picture-in-Picture) mode to play YouTube videos while the display is off. Similarly, Apple devices can also keep playing YouTube videos even when the display is off.
5. What specific steps should be taken to ensure YouTube video playback does not stop when the device is locked?
1. Enable the “Background App Refresh” setting on the device.
2. Ensure the device’s WiFi/Data connection is working and not interrupted.
3. Check the settings for any system interrupts, such as “Do not disturb” mode, that may be interrupting playback.
4. Avoid other resource-consuming apps while streaming a YouTube video.
5. Make sure that YouTube is not closed or force-closed in the background of the device.