How to Hide YouTube Tags
Adding keywords, also called tags, to your YouTube video is an important part of video optimization. However, you may want to make your tags invisible while they are still visible to YouTube. Here are the steps to hide your tags on YouTube videos:
- Log into your YouTube account and click on “Video Manager.” On the left menu, select the video to which you wish to add tags.
- Go to the “Info and Settings” tab. This is where you will be able to enable or disable the visibility of the tags.
- Check the box next to “Hide Categories.” This will allow you to hide your tags from the public.
- Save your changes. Once you have checked the box, click “save” to make the changes.
Once you have followed the steps above, your tags will now be hidden from public view, but still visible to YouTube. This can be especially useful for videos that use unpopular or obscure tags that can cause confusion if seen by viewers. However, it is important to remember that even though your tags are hidden, they still influence your video’s ranking on YouTube. Therefore, be sure to use relevant and appropriate tags when you upload your video.
The best way to hide YouTube tags is to set the tags field as unlisted, meaning they won’t show up in the “Suggested Videos” list after the video finishes playing. You can also delete tags or add them to a Google Ads campaign.
The best techniques to effectively hide YouTube tags are:
1. Disable auto-play: YouTube automatically adds related content at the end of a video, and this can conflict with any tags you’ve added to your video. Disabling auto-play can help keep tags from showing up.
2. Blacklist keywords: You can blacklist certain keywords in your YouTube settings so that any videos associated with them won’t be recommended on your channel or in search results.
3. Make your channel private: Making your channel private will prevent any videos associated with tags from showing up in search results or being recommended on your channel.
4. Tag negative keywords: You can add negative keywords to your tags in order to prevent them from showing up in search results.
5. Restrict views: Restricting views to a certain number of times will prevent people from finding your tags by watching your video multiple times.
No. Hiding YouTube tags does not help with SEO. YouTube tags do not carry any SEO benefit, so there is no reason to try to hide them.
Depending on the size of the tags and the complexity of the task, it could take anywhere from a few minutes to an hour or more to hide YouTube tags.
Yes, there are risks associated with hiding YouTube tags. If a YouTube video is not properly tagged, viewers may not be able to find the video, resulting in low viewership. Additionally, if viewers can’t find the video due to improper tagging, they may never discover the content, meaning they may never become potential customers. In this way, hiding YouTube tags can prevent potential customers from finding a business’s content, as well as reduce the amount of viewership the video receives.
The best way to hide YouTube tags from viewers is to not add them to your videos in the first place. YouTube’s automated systems use tags to help viewers find more videos they might like, so they don’t need to be part of the public video descriptions.