How to Get Verified on YouTube
Verified YouTube accounts, sometimes called “checkmarks” or “verified badges,” are iconic symbols acknowledged and vied for by content creators all over the world. While there’s no surefire way to guarantee a badge, there are a few tips and tricks you can use to increase your chances. Read on to learn how to become a verified user on YouTube!
Step 1: Meet YouTube’s Qualifications
Before you can even begin the process of having your channel verified, you’ll need to meet YouTube’s qualifications. These are:
- You must have a solid channel presence with at least 100,000 subscribers and/or subscribers from 10 different countries
- You must have an active website, social media accounts, and other online presences
- You must have a channel that’s been active for more than 6 months
Step 2: Prepare Submission Materials
Once you’ve met YouTube’s qualifications, you’ll need to submit materials in order to successfully verify your account. These materials may include:
- A photo of a government-issued ID (driver’s license, passport, etc.)
- Proof that you’re the owner of your website and other online presences
- Proof that you own or are authorized to use the social media accounts associated with your channel
- Your channel’s mission statement
Step 3: Make Your Submission
Once you’ve gathered your materials, you’ll need to head over to YouTube’s Verification Request form. Here, you’ll be asked to fill out some basic information and upload the materials you gathered in step 2. After submitting all the required materials, you’ll be able to submit your request.
Step 4: Wait for a Response
Once you submit your request, YouTube’s team will review your account and materials, and if they approve, you’ll receive an email letting you know your account was verified. If your request is denied, you can submit a new request after 6 months.
Verifying your YouTube account is not an easy process, but it’s possible with the right materials and qualifications. As long as you meet YouTube’s criteria and submit the necessary materials, you should have no trouble getting your account verified in no time!
4. How long does it typically take for YouTube to verify an account?
It typically takes YouTube up to 24 hours to verify an account.
1. What is the process to get verified on YouTube?
The process of getting verified on YouTube varies depending on the user’s country of residence. Generally, users must meet the following criteria to be eligible:
1. Have a YouTube channel in good standing with more than 100,000 subscribers.
2. Have a Google account in good standing with an associated website, blog, or online presence.
3. Have consistently uploaded original content with an active and established presence on YouTube.
4. Follow the YouTube Community Guidelines and Google terms and conditions.
5. Have sufficient total watch minutes on the channel during the past 12 months.
Once these criteria are satisfied, users can submit a Google help form to request verification on YouTube. YouTube staff review each request and make a decision based on the user’s eligibility.
2. What qualifications are required to become verified on YouTube?
To become verified on YouTube, your channel must meet specific criteria from YouTube, including requirements related to the channel’s popularity and content. Generally, channels must exceed 100,000 subscribers, abide by the YouTube Partner Program Policies, and have a fully completed profile in order to become verified.