How to Get Links for Unlisted YouTube Videos
When you upload a video to YouTube, you have the option to make it available to the public, share it with a select group of individuals, or keep it unlisted. If you choose the unlisted option for your video, it won’t appear in any public areas of YouTube, such as search results and recommendation lists. You’ll still be able to share it, however, and one of the easiest ways to do that is with a link.
Use YouTube’s Link Sharing Option
YouTube makes it easy to get a link to an unlisted video you’ve uploaded. Follow these steps:
- Navigate to YouTube.com and sign in if necessary.
- Click your profile icon, and select the “My Channel” option.
- Choose your video from the “Uploads” playlist.
- Click the “Share” button located beneath the video.
- Select the “Copy” option.
The video’s unlisted link is now copied to your clipboard. You can paste (Ctrl+V) the link in an email or text message, or you can click the “Share” button again and select the “Share Link” option to share the unlisted video directly with your followers on social media.
Generate a Link From the Video’s YouTube URL
If you open the YouTube video in a separate browser window, you can create a link to the video by simply adding the words “/unlisted” to the end of the URL. Here’s an example:
- Start with the video’s URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7019G94HgCI
- Add the word “/unlisted” to the end: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7019G94HgCI/unlisted (Note: Do not include a space before the “/unlisted”)
You can now copy the link from the browser’s address bar and share it with whoever needs access to the video.
Using either of these methods will make it simple for you to get a link for unlisted YouTube videos quickly and easily.
2. How can I embed these unlisted YouTube videos on other websites?
To embed an unlisted YouTube video on other websites, you need to first make sure the video is set to unlisted in the YouTube video manager. Once this has been done, you can copy the embed code for the unlisted YouTube video and paste it onto the other web page or blog post you want to embed the video on.
4. Is there any risk of the video becoming public if I share the link?
Yes, there is always a risk of a video becoming public if you share the link. We recommend that you use caution when sharing any video link, and make sure you know who will have access to the video. Additionally, you can add a password protection to the video to ensure it is only shared within a closed group.
5. What are the steps for creating links for unlisted YouTube videos?
1. Log in to your YouTube account.
2. Select “Video Manager” from the drop-down at the top of the page.
3. From the list of videos, select the one you wish to link to.
4. Select the “Share” options beneath the video.
5. Select the “Unlisted” option on the pop-up box.
6. Copy the link to your clipboard or right-click and select “Copy Link Address”.
7. Paste the link in an email, website, or other documents to share.
3. Are there any easy ways to share these unlisted YouTube videos?
Yes, there are several easy ways to share unlisted YouTube videos. The easiest way is to share the URL directly with the intended audience either through email, instant messaging (IM), or social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Additionally, users can also embed the video on a website and share the link of the webpage. Finally, users can create a public playlist and add the unlisted videos to it, allowing those they share the link with to access the videos without revealing the video’s true privacy status.