How to Filter Explicit Content on YouTube Music on Android
When it comes to streaming music, YouTube Music offers a great way for Android users to streaming their favorite music. However, YouTube Music also offers content with explicit language, which some people may not want to have access to.
Fortunately, there is an easy way to filter out the explicit content from YouTube Music on Android. By following these simple steps, you can ensure that all content on YouTube Music is family friendly.
Steps to Filter Explicit Content on YouTube Music on Android
- Open YouTube Music on your Android device.
- Tap the three vertical dots in the top right corner.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll down to Safety.
- Select Filter explicit content.
- Tap Filter explicit content again to enable the setting.
That’s it! Once the setting is enabled, YouTube Music will filter out all content that contains explicit language. This helps ensure that all content is appropriate for everyone.
If you ever want to disable the setting, simply follow the steps above, and select Do not filter explicit content.
2. Is there a way to allow only certain users to access explicit content on YouTube Music on Android?
Yes, there is a way to allow only certain users to access explicit content on YouTube Music on Android. It is possible to restrict access to explicit content in YouTube Music by setting an age restriction on an Android device. This can be done in the settings menu of the YouTube Music app on Android. It is also possible to restrict access to explicit content on YouTube Music by setting up a Family Link account on the account owner’s Google account. With Family Link, parents can manage their child’s access to explicit content on YouTube Music.
3. How can I monitor usage of YouTube Music on Android to verify explicit content is being appropriately blocked?
To monitor the usage of YouTube Music on Android and make sure explicit content is being properly blocked, you should use parental control and monitoring apps. These types of apps allow you to keep track of your child’s multimedia content usage and they come with filtering and blocking features to make sure inappropriate content cannot be seen or played on the device. The most well-known of these apps are FamilyTime, Qustodio, Kidslox, and Our Pact.
4. What age restrictions apply to filtering explicit content on YouTube Music on Android?
YouTube Music on Android does not have any age restrictions as to what content is filtered out. All content is automatically filtered according to YouTube’s community guidelines, which cover both mature content and age-restricted content.
1. What settings need to be enabled in order to block explicit content on YouTube Music on Android?
In order to block explicit content on YouTube Music on Android, the following settings need to be enabled:
1. Open the YouTube Music app.
2. Go to the Profile tab, then tap Settings.
3. Scroll down to and tap Restricted Mode.
4. Enable Restricted Mode.
5. Confirm your choice by tapping “Yes, I’m Sure.”
5. Is there a way to remove explicit content that appears in the YouTube Music app on Android?
Yes, there is. YouTube Music offers a setting that allows users to block explicit content, which can be found in the “Restrict Content” section of the YouTube Music settings. To access this setting, open the YouTube Music app and click on the profile icon in the upper-right corner. Then select “Settings” and scroll down to the “Restrict Content” section. From there, toggle the explicit content setting to “off” and explicit content will no longer appear in the app.