How to Download Free Music for Your YouTube Videos
YouTube is a popular video platform that allows you to upload, store, and share videos with the world. To make your videos stand out, it is wise to include a quality soundtrack. Fortunately, there are plenty of free music websites that you can use to find royalty-free music to enhance your YouTube videos. Here are some tips for downloading free music for your YouTube videos.
1. Use Free Music for YouTube
Free Music for YouTube is an online repository of free, royalty-free music for YouTube videos and other projects. This website allows you to quickly search through their library of over 8,000 tracks and select the perfect track to add to your video. Tracks range from pop, classical, and jazz genres.
2. YouTube Audio Library
The YouTube Audio Library is a library of royalty-free music and sound effects that can be used in YouTube videos. You can browse through the different genres and even customize your search by mood, instrument, length, and more. Additionally, you can also view the list of most popular downloads.
Jamendo is an online music platform for creators and music enthusiasts alike. It features thousands of high-quality, royalty-free tracks from a variety of artists. You can easily search by genre, artist, or mood to find the perfect track for your video. Furthermore, you can even buy a license for commercial usage for a nominal fee.
SoundCloud is a popular platform for artists, producers, and music fans to share their sounds with the world. You can browse through their vast library of music, including thousands of free, royalty-free tracks. Additionally, you can easily filter by genre, BPM, attribution, and license.
Incompetech is a fantastic website for finding royalty-free music for your videos. Featured on the site are over 2,000 tracks, which can be filtered by genre, tempo, and length. Additionally, this website allows you to use music on YouTube and other platforms without any payments or attribution.
Things to Keep in Mind
- Always check the license before downloading or using any music.
- Make sure the track is in the public domain or royalty-free.
- Double-check before buying any license for commercial usage.
Using these free, royalty-free music websites, you can easily find the perfect track to make your YouTube videos stand out from the crowd. Keep in mind the tips listed above to ensure that you are using music legally and ethically.
2. Are there any legal restrictions on using free music for a YouTube video?
Yes, there are legal restrictions on using free music for YouTube videos. Most free music sites require you to give credit to the artist in your video’s description and/or list their website and/or provide a link to purchase the track. Some music sites may also require that you pay a fee for using their material, so it’s important to be aware of any restrictions before using music from a free site. Additionally, some music sites have specific rules for monetizing videos that contain their music. This means that you may not be able to use their music if you plan on displaying ads on your YouTube video.
5. Are there any tips for finding the best free music for my YouTube video?
Yes! Here are some tips for finding the best free music for your YouTube video:
1. Do a search for royalty free music – there are lots of resources online for royalty free music where you can download music for free with no copyright restrictions.
2. Look for sites that specialize in production music – there are some sites that specialize in production music (music made specifically for use in videos and presentations) that you can use without worrying about copyright issues.
3. Check out public domain music sites – if you’re looking for a broad variety of music, public domain music sites are an excellent option because there are no copyright issues associated with these tracks.
4. Leverage the Creative Commons license – some creators have elected to offer their music and audio tracks under a Creative Commons license which means they are available for free (with some restrictions).
5. Utilize YouTube’s Audio Library – YouTube recently released an Audio Library feature containing thousands of tracks you can use for free in your YouTube videos.