How to Delete the Cache in YouTube: Desktop & Mobile App
If your YouTube application seems to be having trouble, it can be beneficial to clear the cache and restart the application. Doing this will reset your application, allowing it to start afresh.
Cleaning the cache on the desktop version of YouTube is a straightforward process.
- Step 1: Click the Settings icon at the bottom right of the YouTube application.
- Step 2: Select the Privacy tab.
- Step 3: Choose Clear browsing data.
- Step 4: Uncheck all the content you don’t want to erase and leave the Cached images and files checkbox checked.
- Step 5: Click Clear data to begin the cache deletion process.
The YouTube app on your Android device may require a cache clearance if it’s having problems.
- Step 1: On the home screen, tap the Menu button.
- Step 2: Select Settings.
- Step 3: Tap History & Privacy.
- Step 4: Tap Clear search history and then Clear watch history.
- Step 5: Tap OK when asked to confirm. Your device’s YouTube application cache is now cleared.
YouTube can be useful and entertaining, so if it’s working slowly or malfunctioning, make sure to clear the cache and create a more pleasant experience.
3. How do I clear the YouTube cache on a Google Chrome browser?
To clear the YouTube cache on a Google Chrome browser, open your browser and press CTRL+H to open the history page. Select “Clear Browsing Data” and then click on the “Cached images and files” tab. Finally, click on the “Clear data” button to delete all cached items.
1. What is the advantage of deleting the cache in YouTube?
The main advantage of deleting cached data in YouTube is that it will improve the performance of the application by ensuring data is always up to date. Additionally, it can help reduce the amount of storage used on your device. Deleting cached data can also help prevent problems with the YouTube app, such as crashes, error messages, and slow or unresponsive performance.
5. Can I delete the cache on YouTube through the Settings page of the app?
No, you cannot delete the cache on YouTube through the Settings page of the app. You will need to delete the cache manually by going to the app info page in your device’s settings. From there, you can select the “Storage” option and find the “Clear Cache” button. This will delete all of the data that YouTube has stored on your device.
4. Does deleting the YouTube cache clear all my videos from the watch history?
No, deleting the YouTube cache will not clear the watch history. The watch history is recorded on your YouTube account, meaning removing the cache from any device will not delete the watch history. To clear the watch history, you will need to separately go to your YouTube account and manually delete the video by video.
2. Is there a difference between deleting the cache in YouTube on desktop and on the mobile app?
Yes, there is a difference between deleting the cache in YouTube on desktop and on the mobile app. On desktop, the user can delete the cache by clearing the browser history, while on the mobile app, the user can delete the cache by going to the Settings menu and choosing “Clear Search History”.
What is YouTube cache and why should it be deleted?
YouTube cache refers to the temporary files stored on your computer by the YouTube app. These files are created to improve the loading speed of a video when it is replayed. However, over time, the cache can become large and can slow down your computer or even cause it to crash. For this reason, it is recommended to delete the YouTube cache periodically.