How To Clear YouTube History Permanently From Phone Applications In 2021
It can be convenient to have your YouTube history appear as you navigate the platform, but it can also be intrusive to have your viewing habits tracked and stored. Especially in the age of data privacy worries, users may want to take some control and delete their watch history from the YouTube mobile app in 2021.
How To Clear Your YouTube Viewing History:
- Open the YouTube mobile app on your phone.
- Tap on the profile icon in the top right corner.
- Select Settings from the bottom of the menu.
- Tap Privacy.
- Find and tap Clear watch history.
- Tap OK to confirm.
Stopping YouTube History From Getting Saved In The Future
After clearing your watch history, you will also have the opportunity to stop history from saving again in the future. To do this, return to the YouTube app as outlined above and then:
- Tap on the Autoplay option.
- Tap the toggle on Watch History to switch it off.
Keep Your YouTube History Private On Other Devices Too
If you’ve used Youtube on other devices such as laptops or tablets, you will want to ensure that any history collected there is also deleted. To do this:
- Navigate to Youtube.com in a web browser.
- Select History from the navigation bar.
- Find and select the Clear All Watch History option.
- Finally, click the Clear All Watch History button.
It’s simple to clear your watch history, as well as prevent it from saving again in the future on mobile. To truly protect your privacy though, it’s best to take the additional step of deleting any history that might have been stored on other devices. By following the advice in this article, you can ensure that your YouTube experience is as private and secure as possible in 2021.
Are the steps the same to clear YouTube history from the YouTube website and the YouTube mobile phone application?
No, the steps to clear YouTube history from the YouTube website and the YouTube mobile phone application are not the same. To clear history from the YouTube website, go to History, select Manage History and then select Remove All Watch History. To clear history from the YouTube mobile application, open the YouTube app, tap on the profile picture, select Settings and then select History & Privacy. From there, you can choose to delete search history, watch history or both.
Are there different methods to clear YouTube history depending on the phone application being used?
Yes, there are different methods to clear YouTube history depending on the phone application being used. For example, on the Android YouTube app, you can clear your history by tapping your account icon, going to “History,” and tapping the “Clear all watch history” button. However, if you’re using the iOS version of the YouTube app, you can clear your watch history by going to the Library tab, then tapping “History” and then tapping the “Clear all watch history” button.
What are the steps to permanently remove YouTube history on a phone application?
1. Open the YouTube app on your phone.
2. Tap the three-dot icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen. This will open the Settings menu.
3. Tap ‘History’.
4. Select ‘Clear All Watch History’.
5. Tap ‘OK’ to confirm the deletion of your watch history.
6. Select ‘Clear Search History’.
7. Tap ‘OK’ to confirm the deletion of your search history.
8. Finally, select ‘Pause Watch History’ to prevent YouTube from saving any new watch history on your device.