How to Check and Manage Your Uploaded Videos on YouTube
YouTube provides everyone with the chance to post, watch, and comment on videos. If you’re an active user, you may have lost track of your uploaded videos. Therefore, it is advisable to know how to check and manage them. Here’s how:
1. Sign in to YouTube
- Go to the YouTube homepage.
- Sign into your account with your Google account.
2. Go to Your Videos
Once you have signed in, click on your account icon at the top right corner (A set of three lines which is sometimes referred to as the “burger” button). This will display a drop-down menu. Select “Your Channel”, then there will be a tab called “Videos” in the drop-down menu. You can now see all the videos uploaded to your account.
3. View & Manage Videos
In this tab, you can view, delete or edit your videos. You can also sort them out by name, date uploaded, or number of views.
4. Customize Your Videos
You can also customize your videos by adding a title, description, and even a custom thumbnail. To do this, click the button next to the video labeled “Edit” and select the video you want to customize.
If you want to change the video privacy settings, you can also do it from the same page.
5. Keep Track
To keep track of your videos and make sure you do not miss any updates, go to “Subscriptions” in the drop-down menu, click on “Videos” and make sure you enable notifications for your videos by clicking the little bell icon next to “Subscribed”.
Following the above steps, you will be able to easily manage and keep track of your uploaded videos on YouTube.
2. How can I monitor how many views my uploaded videos are getting?
You can monitor how many views your uploaded videos are getting by accessing the analytics section of the video hosting platform. Most platforms, such as YouTube, will provide data such as average view duration, peak audiences, and demographics of viewrs. Additionally, third-party analytics can provide more detailed insights such as the countries and devices viewing your video, as well as their engagement.
3. What video editing and analytics tools are available to monitor my YouTube account?
There are many video editing and analytics tools available that can help you monitor your YouTube account. Some of the more popular tools include Google Analytics, TubeBuddy, VidiQ, and Digibiz. Google Analytics will give you insights about how your videos are performing, and how viewers are interacting with them. TubeBuddy is a powerful tool that can help you optimize your channel and manage comments. VidiQ provides in-depth analytics to track your channel performance. Finally, Digibiz helps you discover trending topics and viral videos.
4. What types of reports can be generated from my uploaded YouTube videos?
Some of the reports that can be generated from your uploaded YouTube videos include the following:
1. Videos Performance – You can view detailed analytics on videos that have been uploaded to your channel and check for watch-time, reach, likes, shares, total views and other metrics.
2. Audience Retention – You can track how long and how often your viewers are watching your videos and see when people tend to drop off from your videos so that you can tweak content to improve overall engagement.
3. Traffic Sources – See where your viewers are coming from so you can focus your marketing efforts in the right areas.
4. Playlist Performance – Monitor the performance of all of your playlists to ensure that the right videos are included and that your playlists are properly optimized.
5. Subscribers – Measure your viewer base by tracking active and new subscribers on your channel over intervals of time.
6. Trends – View global and country-specific trends to adjust your content accordingly and determine popular spoken languages, interests and topics.