How to Change Age on YouTube
YouTube is a great source of news, entertainment and education. But, to use YouTube, you need to verify that you’re at least thirteen years of age.
1.Turning Off Restricted Mode
If you’re using YouTube to watch videos, the easiest way to hide your age is to turn off Restrictive Mode. Restrictive Mode is an optional setting that blocks out potentially mature content that some audiences may find inappropriate. To turn off Restrictive Mode:
- Open up the YouTube home page and click on your profile icon in the top right-hand corner.
- Click the Settings icon.
- Look for the section labeled “Restricted Mode” and click the On/Off switch.
- Click “Done”.
2. Deleting Your Channel
Changing your YouTube age is a bit tricky. You can’t actually change your age on YouTube. But, if you don’t want your age to show up on your channel, you can delete your channel. To delete your channel:
- Head to your Advanced Settings page.
- Scroll down and click the “Delete Channel” link.
- Follow the steps to delete your channel.
- When asked for a reason, select “I don’t want my age to show up”.
3.Creating a New Channel
Once your channel is deleted, you can create a new one and set your age to be any age you want. Just sign up for a new account and when prompted, select a birthdate different from the one that you used previously.
With these steps, you can change your age on YouTube, making it easier for you to watch age-appropriate content.
1. Is it possible to change the age on my YouTube account?
No, it is not possible to change the age on your YouTube account after it has been set. Your age can be used to tailor your YouTube experience, so it should be accurate.
4. Are there any security measures I should be aware of when changing age on YouTube?
Yes, when changing the age of your YouTube account, it is important that you have a strong password in place and enable two-factor authentication as an added layer of protection. Additionally, confirm that you are verified as the legitimate owner of the account prior to making any changes.
2. What information do I need to provide in order to successfully change my age on YouTube?
In order to successfully change your age on YouTube, you must provide your legal name, date of birth, and permanent residential address. Additionally, YouTube may also require additional identity verification if they believe that the information provided is not valid or sufficient.
3. Are there any age limitations for creating a YouTube account?
Yes, there are age limitations for creating a YouTube account. To create a YouTube account, users must be 13 years of age or older. If a user is younger than 13, the account will be deleted.
5. What are the consequences if I am caught providing false personal information when changing my age on YouTube?
If you are caught providing false personal information when changing your age on YouTube, it can result in your YouTube account being terminated, depending on the severity of the deceived information. YouTube may also choose to report the incident to law enforcement if the false information provided is considered illegal or unethical. Furthermore, YouTube may pursue legal action against you.
What is the minimum age requirement to create a YouTube account?
The minimum age requirement to create a YouTube account is 13 years old.
What age do you need to be to open a YouTube channel?
You need to be 13 years or older to open a YouTube channel.