How to Change a Shortened YouTube URL into a Regular URL
YouTube simplifies URL links by giving shortened ones, which are easier to copy and share. But if you want the longer version of a YouTube URL, it’s easy to convert it using the HTML link provided by YouTube.
- Go to the YouTube video for which you have the shortened URL.
- Click Share located underneath the video.
- Click the Copy option from the Share window.
- Open a text editor and paste the URL.
- After “watch?v=”, delete the string of characters after the equal sign.
- Replace this with “embed/”.
- Your URL should now look like: http://www.youtube.com/embed/[video-ID]
Note that in this new URL the video ID is the characters after the last “/”. You can now share the URL with other people, to view the video in embedded players.
2. How to identify a shortened YouTube URL?
Shortened YouTube URLs are typically easy to identify because they will have a domain that either starts with “youtu.be,” or that ends with either “yt,” “youtu,” or “youtube.” For example, a shortened YouTube URL might look something like “youtu.be/ABC123” or “www.example.com/ABC123/yt”.
5. Is there a risk associated with changing a shortened YouTube URL into a regular URL?
No, there is no risk associated with changing a shortened YouTube URL into a regular URL. Shortened URLs are meant to be a convenient way to share links, but the regular URLs contain more information about the content of the link. Thus, it is safer to use the regular URLs when sharing sensitive information.
4. What tools are available to convert a shortened YouTube URL into a regular URL?
There are a few different tools available for converting shortened YouTube URLs into regular URLs, including YouTube’s URL expander, Bitly’s URL expander, and Google’s URL expander. Additionally, some web browsers offer an “expand link” or “unshorten link” option when you right-click the shortened URL.
1. What are the advantages of changing a shortened YouTube URL into a regular URL?
One advantage of changing a shortened YouTube URL into a regular URL is that it makes it easier to share the link with other people. Shortened URLs often contain characters that can be difficult to read or type, whereas a regular URL is usually much easier to understand. Additionally, a regular URL provides more information about the video and can help a user better understand the context of the video before viewing it.
3. What are the steps to convert a shortened YouTube URL into a regular URL?
The steps to convert a shortened YouTube URL into a regular URL are as follows:
1. Copy the shortened YouTube URL.
2. Use an online URL expander such as bitly.com or LongURL to expand the URL.
3. Paste the shortened URL into the text box and press ‘Expand’.
4. The website will show the expanded URL on the page.
5. Copy the expanded URL and paste it into a web browser address bar to view the video.
What is the difference between a regular YouTube URL and a shortened URL?
A regular YouTube URL is the full address of a specific video on a YouTube page, typically beginning with “https://www.youtube.com/” and followed by the video’s unique identifier. A shortened URL is a modified version of the same URL, typically using a domain name-sharing service such as bit.ly to make the URL easier to remember or share. Shortened URLs still lead to the same YouTube page, but are shorter and more convenient for sharing.
What are the benefits of using a shortened YouTube URL?
1. Shortened YouTube URL links take up less space in text messages or other forms of communication, making them easier to share.
2. They are easier to remember than long, complicated URLs.
3. When a long YouTube URL is sent via email, not everyone may be able to access the link (especially if they are on a mobile device). A short URL ensures that your audience is able to access the link, no matter what device they are using.
4. Shortened URLs are less likely to be blocked by firewalls, which means your audience gets to watch the video without any issues.
5. Shortened YouTube URLs look more professional, making them easier to share in business presentations, emails and other important documents.