How To Block Unwanted Channels On Youtube Trending Videos
Are you annoyed by certain channels on Youtube’s trending videos page? Do you want to block certain channels from appearing on the page? In this guide, we’ll show you how to do just that.
Youtube’s trending section is one of the most popular destinations for users to explore the latest videos. It’s easy to find trending videos of your favorite topics and genres, but sometimes it can be cluttered with content from multiple channels that you don’t want to see. Fortunately, there’s an easy way to block these channels from the trending page.
Step 1: Go to the Channel You Want to Block
The first step is to navigate to the channel you wish to block. You can do this by searching for the channel in the Youtube search or navigating to it from another video on the platform.
Once you’re on the channel page, click the “About” tab and scroll down to the “Blocked Channels” section. Here, you’ll find a list of channels that the user has blocked from appearing on their trending page.
If the channel you want to block is not on this list, then you can click the “Add Blocked Channel” button to add it.
Step 2: Block the Channel from Your Trending Page
Once you’ve added the channels you want to block to the list, they will no longer appear on your trending page. You can confirm this by navigating to the trending page and searching for the channel. If you don’t see it, then it has been successfully blocked.
Blocking channels from the trending page is a great way to have more control over the type of content that appears in your feed. By following the steps outlined in this guide, you can easily block any channels you don’t want to see on the trending page.
What are some efficient methods for blocking unwanted channels on YouTube trending videos?
1. Turn on Safety Mode: Safety Mode is a feature on YouTube that is designed to allow parents and guardians to block out any mature content. To turn on Safety Mode, go to your YouTube preferences and select the option to turn on Safety Mode.
2. Create a whitelist: A whitelist is a way to create a list of channels that you want to allow and block all other channels from appearing in your trending videos. To do this, go to the account settings and select the option to create a whitelist.
3. Block channels by keyword: You can also block certain channels by keywords. This feature is available to both YouTube users and authorized subscribers. To block channels by keyword, go to the account settings and select the option to add keywords.
4. Block channels by subject matter: You can also block channels by subject matter. For example, if you do not want to see any videos related to politics, you can easily block all channels related to politics. To do this, go to the account settings and select the option to add subjects to be blocked.
What measures can I take to ensure no unwanted channels appear in the “Up Next” recommendations for trending videos?
To prevent unwanted channels from appearing in the “Up Next” recommendations for trending videos, you should take the following steps:
1. Turn off the “Up Next” auto-play feature in your YouTube settings so that videos don’t automatically play after the current video ends.
2. Create a whitelist of channels that you trust and want to see in your “Up Next” list and make sure to only watch videos from those channels.
3. Subscribe to channels or playlists that feature content that aligns with your interests and values.
4. Take advantage of YouTube’s “Not interested” feature on the top right corner of each “Up Next” video to tell YouTube you don’t want to see videos from that channel any more.
5. Utilize YouTube’s Restricted Mode, which allows you to filter out videos and channels that are not appropriate for you.
6. Consider taking a break from watching YouTube videos if you find yourself getting exposed to inappropriate content or channels.