How to Become a YouTube Partner
Having a YouTube partnership means that you are eligible to receive more monetization options. As a YouTube Partner, you will also have access to more analytics and helpful information, as well as new ways to engage your audience and stand out from the competition. Here’s how to become a YouTube Partner in five simple steps.
Step 1: Create Quality, Engaging Content
Create high-quality, unique and engaging content that people will want to watch and subscribe to. Offer informative or entertaining videos, but make sure that the content adheres to YouTube’s guidelines and isn’t contrary to their Community Guidelines.
Step 2: Meet YouTube’s Requirements
In order to become a Partner with YouTube, you must meet their eligibility requirements. This includes having at least 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 watchable hours in the last 12 months.
Step 3: Enable Monetization
Before applying, make sure you’ve enabled monetization on your channel. This can be done through the YouTube Studio and will require you to sign up for an AdSense account.
Step 4: Apply to the Program
You can apply to the Partner Program through your YouTube account. Once accepted, you will have access to new monetization options and more analytics about your channel.
Step 5: Make Quality Connections
Building relationships with other YouTube Partners can help you grow your channel, as well as the potential to collaborate on videos. This will help increase engagement and spread the word about your channel and what you have to offer.
Becoming a YouTube Partner is an exciting and rewarding opportunity. By following these five simple steps, you’ll have the chance to capitalize on your content and build a valuable audience.
5. Are there any additional requirements to maintain YouTube Partner status?
Yes. To maintain YouTube Partner status, you must continue to meet YouTube’s requirements for monetization and also comply with the YouTube Partner Program Policies listed on the YouTube Partner Program webpage. Additionally, you must adhere to copyright regulations and ensure your videos are accurate and suitable for all audiences.
1. What qualifications must I meet to become a YouTube Partner?
To become a YouTube Partner, you must meet the following criteria:
1. Have an active AdSense account
2. Have uploaded original content that complies with YouTube’s Guidelines, Terms of Service, and Community Guidelines
3. Have at least 1,000 public subscribers
4. Have at least 4,000 eligible public watch hours in the last 12 months
5. Have an active YouTube channel in good standing
6. Meet YouTube’s minimum audience size requirement
7. Live in a country or region where YouTube Partner Program is available
8. Be in compliance with YouTube’s laws and regulations, including copyright and trademark laws.
4. How do I apply to become a YouTube Partner?
In order to become a YouTube Partner and qualify for monetization, you must have at least 1,000 subscribers on your channel and 4,000 hours of watch time per year. Additionally, you may need to meet other specific criteria depending on your region, including minimum viewership and a genuine, engaged audience.
To start the application process, follow the steps located on the YouTube Partner homepage.
2. What criteria does YouTube use to determine if I can become a Partner?
In order to become a YouTube Partner and monetize your videos, the following criteria must be met:
1. The YouTube account must be in good standing and have a minimum of 1,000 subscribers.
2. The account must have generated 4,000 valid public watch hours in the last 12 months.
3. The account must be in compliance with YouTube’s policies and guidelines. This includes not posting any content that violates any of YouTube’s policies or guidelines such as spam, copyright infringement, hate speech, or other violations.
4. Content must be of a high quality and fully monetizable. This includes originality, accuracy, and a professional presentation.
5. All videos must receive at least 10,000 video views over the last 30 days.