How Many YouTube Creators Are There?
YouTube is one of the most popular online video platforms, and it is estimated that some 5 billion videos are watched on YouTube every single day. With all of this viewership, it’s no surprise that millions of content creators have created successful YouTube channels.
It’s difficult to pinpoint the exact number of YouTube creators, as different platforms and services can have vastly different numbers. YouTube itself is estimated to have around 3 million content creators with channels that receive at least 100 views every month.
Additionally, there are influencers and content creators joining the platform from a variety of different avenues. Services like Twitch, Instagram, and TikTok, for example, all help to bring in new content creators and contribute to the ever-growing pool of YouTube creators.
The flexibility of YouTube has allowed for many unique content creators to flourish on the platform. Some of the most successful creators are personalities who offer comedic takes on current issues and trends, while other niche creators have found success by creating highly specific content. Of course, there are also creators who create content in a variety of formats, including music, gaming, and vlogging.
It’s also worth noting that there are many popular corporations and brands who have YouTube channels with millions of viewers. These channels are managed by a variety of individuals, including marketing and brand professionals, as well as content creators.
In total, it’s estimated that there are around 6 million active content creators on YouTube, and likely many more who are not so active. As YouTube is continuing to grow, the exact number of content creators can be difficult to track, but it’s clear that the platform supports a huge number of content creators.
What are the different types of Youtube content creators?
The different types of YouTube content creators include:
1. Vloggers – These are people who record and post video blogs, or vlogs, on YouTube. Vlogs are usually a mix of narrative, opinion, and comedic elements.
2. Comedians – These YouTube content creators specialize in comedic videos, often featuring pranks or scripted skits.
3. Gaming Content Creators – These YouTube content creators mainly focus on creating videos based around playing video games. This can include game reviews, let’s plays, walkthroughs and more.
4. Musicians – These content creators are mainly musicians who share and promote their music on YouTube. This can include covers, original songs, and music videos.
5. Tutorials & How-To Videos – These content creators create videos dedicated to teaching viewers how to do something, from simple instructions to more complex tasks.
6. Product Reviewers – These content creators review products and services on their YouTube channels. They often include unboxing videos and their personal opinions on the product.
7. Educators – These content creators focus on educating viewers on a variety of topics, from history to science. They often include lectures and other educational materials in their videos.
How have the number of Youtube creators grown over the years?
The number of YouTube creators has grown exponentially over the years. According to estimates from YouTube, the number of creators earning six figures or more on the platform has grown by more than 40 percent year over year since 2017. In 2020, the number of YouTube creators with over one million subscribers grew by 34 percent compared to 2019. Additionally, in 2020 the number of YouTube channels with over 10,000 subscribers grew by 21 percent compared to 2019. These impressive numbers demonstrate the sheer growth of the YouTube creator’s ecosystem and the potential of becoming a successful creator on YouTube.