How to Follow Someone and Hide Their Posts on Instagram
Social media has made it easier to keep up with distant friends and family, but sometimes the news feed can be overwhelming. Instagram allows users the option to follow an account without having all of their posts appear in the news feed. Here’s how to follow someone and hide their posts on Instagram.
Steps to Hide Posts
- Go to the profile page. Visit the profile page of the person you want to follow, but not see their posts.
- Tap the “Following” button. A dropdown menu is available with the options to Unfollow, Turn on Post Notifications, and Mute.
- Click on “Mute.” Doing this will hide the person’s posts in the feed, but still allow for commenting and messaging.
Steps to Unfollow
- Go to your profile. On the top of your profile page, you will see a list of the accounts you’re currently following.
- Find the account. Scroll the list to find the account you want to unfollow.
- Tap “Following.” Tap the “Following” button and a pop-up will to appear asking if you want to Unfollow.
- Click “Unfollow.” By clicking Unfollow, the person you were following will no longer appear in the list of accounts you’re following, and they will not receive a notification that you’ve unfollowed them.
Using this method, Instagram users are able to follow accounts and keep their news feeds free of clutter. Whether you want to keep up with what a celebrity is doing, or just chill on your friend’s post, you don’t have to be stuck with content you don’t want.