Can You Follow Someone on Instagram But Not See Their Stories?
As a fast-growing social media platform, Instagram allows users to follow, view, and interact with other users.
But what if you want to follow someone without viewing their stories? Is that possible? The answer is yes.
How to Follow Someone on Instagram But Not See Their Stories
- Tap the profile picture of the user you’d like to follow.
- Press the heart-shaped icon in the top right corner of the user’s profile without tapping on “following” or “follow”.
- Your profile should now list you as a follower of that user, but you will not see the user’s stories.
Advantages of Following someone on Instagram but Not Seeing Their Stories
- The primary benefit of following someone without viewing their stories is privacy.
- When you follow someone without viewing their stories, you can still view their regular posts and interact with them in other ways without letting them know that they were ever in your story.
- This advanced relationship can be beneficial when dealing in business, media, and more.
Yes, you can follow someone on Instagram without seeing their stories. If you want to keep up with someone without letting them know, this is the best way to do it, as it allows you to enjoy the content of your choice without compromising your privacy.
Have fun, and happy Instagramming!
1. What happens when you follow someone on Instagram but don’t have the ‘Allow Stories’ setting enabled?
If you have not enabled the ‘Allow Stories’ setting, you will not be able to view stories that the person you have followed has posted. You will still be able to view their profile page and all other posts, however stories explicitly require that this setting be enabled.
3. Are stories still considered even if you don’t follow the user on Instagram?
Yes, stories are still visible even if you don’t follow the user on Instagram. Stories are available in the main feed to everyone, regardless of whether they are following the account or not.
5. What happens if you unfollow someone on Instagram; does the access to their stories remain or does it disappear?
Unfollowing someone on Instagram means that you will no longer see their posts in your feed, and you won’t be able to view their stories. Access to their stories is removed.
2. Is there any way to follow someone on Instagram without gaining access to their stories?
Yes. You can follow someone on Instagram without gaining access to their stories by simply searching for the username of the person you want to follow and then click follow. When you’ve done that, you will be able to view the content this person posts on their Instagram feed without having to view their stories.
4. Are stories on Instagram visible to followers only or to everyone, even if they are not following the user?
Stories on Instagram are visible to everyone, regardless of whether they follow the user or not.
Can you follow someone on Instagram without them knowing?
No, when you follow someone on Instagram, they will be notified that you are following them.
Can you tell if someone follows you on Instagram without them knowing?
No, you cannot tell if someone follows you on Instagram without them knowing.
“How can I know who follows me on Instagram secretly?”
Unfortunately, it is not possible to know who follows you on Instagram secretly. Instagram does not have any feature that shows you who views or follows your profile.
“Is there a way to find out who views my Instagram profile?”
No, there is no way to find out who has viewed your Instagram profile. Instagram does not provide this information.