Changing Your YouTube Channel Name After Set Period
YouTube allows you to change your channel name, but the frequency with which you can do this is limited. If you want to change your channel name, here is what you need to know.
You can change your YouTube channel name once every three months. This means that if you change your channel name now, you will not be able to change it again until 3 months have passed. This applies to all types of channel name changes.
Types of Name Change
The types of name changes available on YouTube are as follows:
- First Name Change – This is a change to the name that appears on your channel. This is the most common type of name change, and the one you will likely use most often.
- Last Name Change – This is a change to the name that appears in the YouTube search bar when users look for content related to your channel.
- Username Change – This is a change to the username you use to log in to YouTube. This can only be changed once, so choose carefully.
How to Change Your Name
Changing your YouTube channel name is simple. All you need to do is follow these steps:
- Go to your YouTube Settings page.
- Click the “Edit on Google” button.
- Select the “Name” option.
- Enter your new name and click “Save” to apply the change.
Once you have made the change, YouTube will display a confirmation message. Your new name should now appear in the YouTube search bar and on your channel page.
If you want to change your YouTube channel name, you can do so once every three months. However, keep in mind that you can only change the name that appears in the YouTube search bar, not the username you use to log in to YouTube. Make sure to carefully select the name you want before making the change.
5. How do I change my YouTube channel name?
Go to YouTube’s settings page and select the “Edit on Google” option for your channel. That will take you to the Google+ profile owner of the channel. From there you can edit the display name for your YouTube channel. Click the “Save changes” button when you are done.
4. Is there a cost associated with changing my YouTube channel name?
No, there is no cost associated with changing your YouTube channel name. You can do so for free by going to the “Settings” tab of your YouTube channel and clicking “Edit on Google”. This will open a pop-up window where you can update your channel name.
1. Is there a limit to how many times I can change my YouTube channel name?
Yes, you are limited to three channel name changes per year.
2. How will changing my YouTube channel name affect my channel URL?
Changing your YouTube channel name will change your channel URL. The old URL will no longer work, and visitors will need to use your new URL to access your channel content.
3. What kind of restrictions are there on YouTube channel name modifications?
YouTube channel name modifications are subject to the YouTube Terms of Service and Community Guidelines, as well as the provisions outlined in the YouTube Creator Playbook. All names must conform to the following guidelines,
1. The channel name must not contain any prohibited words, phrases or links to external sites.
2. YouTube channel names cannot contain profanity, offensive language or slurs.
3. YouTube channel names cannot include direct references to competing services or platforms.
4. Channel names must not contain any trademarks, logos or brand names without explicit permission.
5. Channel names can not contain links to external websites or links to third-party products or services.
6. YouTube channel names should not contain any sexually suggestive or explicit language.