4. Are there any browser extensions or software that I can use specifically to block ads on YouTube?
7 Methods to Block Ads on YouTube
Ads can often be intrusive, but fortunately, getting rid of them is quite simple. You can block ads on YouTube with just a few clicks or taps. So, here are 7 methods to block ads on YouTube.
1. Use Ad-Blocking Browser Add-Ons/Extensions
The most popular and convenient way to block ads on YouTube (or any other website) is to use ad-blocking browser add-ons or extensions. These add-ons or extensions work with your web browser, and allow you to block ads of all kinds, including those on YouTube. Some of the most popular ones include:
- AdBlock Plus – Blocks ads, popups, trackers, video-ads and more in all your favorite web browsers.
- Ublock Origin – Blocks ads, popups, trackers, and more for free.
- Ghostery – Blocks intrusive ads and website trackers.
2. Use Ad-Blocking Software
If you don’t like using browser add-ons or extensions, then you can opt for ad-blocking software. These types of software are installed directly on your computer, and they can block ads of all kinds, including those on YouTube. Some popular ad-blocking software includes:
- Adguard – A powerful software that blocks ads and improves your privacy and security online.
- Ad-Aware – Blocks ads, popups, and viruses.
- Ad Muncher – Blocks ads and popups in all your favorite web browsers.
3. Disable Ads in YouTube
If you’re not comfortable with installing ad-blocking software or browser add-ons, then you can also disable ads in YouTube. Here’s how:
- Go to YouTube.com and click on your profile icon.
- Select “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Under the “General” tab, scroll down to the “Ads” section.
- Toggle off the “Allow ads on videos” option to disable YouTube ads.
4. Use YouTube Red or YouTube Premium
YouTube Red (or YouTube Premium) is a subscription-based service that removes ads from all videos in exchange for a monthly or yearly fee. This can be a great option if you don’t mind spending a few bucks each month in order to get rid of annoying ads.
5. Use an ad-free YouTube App
There are several YouTube apps available for Android and iOS that are ad-free. These apps are great for those who don’t want to see ads on their devices, or pay for a subscription. Some popular ad-free YouTube apps include:
- NewPipe – An open-source YouTube Android app.
- Awesome Pop-up Video – An Android app that lets you watch YouTube videos in a floating window.
- ProTube – A paid iOS YouTube app that lets you watch videos without ads.
6. Use A VPN Service
A VPN service is a great way to block ads in YouTube as it encrypts your connection and prevents your IP address from being tracked. As a result, you can surf the web anonymously and all annoying ads will be blocked. Some popular VPN services include:
- Hotspot Shield
7. Use Ad Blocker YouTube Chrome Extension
The Ad Blocker YouTube Chrome extension is a great way to block ads on YouTube. It blocks ads on all YouTube videos and also supports YouTube Premium.
With these 7 methods, you can easily block YouTube ads. So, choose your option and enjoy an ad-free YouTube experience.